Monday, September 13, 2010

Business Cards

Since starting this program in Fall of 2009, I've developed a crazy interest in business cards. The more I can get my hands on, the better- something which, as it turns out, makes me a great network-er. (Ha ha). My background is almost explicitly in writing- my only design experience in newspaper layout, so most of the design concepts are new to me. I've always been a fan/critic of advertising- commercials, billboards, etc, which is what probably initially led me to this program, but since I've started to learn more about actual design, I'm enthralled with business cards. Mine- work issued- are pretty plain, but neat. I think then, I live vicariously through other people's business card choices, and get super excited when I see some I like. I keep them around for inspiration, and stand by the claim that you can tell alot about a person by looking at their business card- despite the fact that most people use design templates they find on mass printing sites. They still had to make choices, creating a card to reflect themselves. If they hired someone else to make the choices- even strangers at the store- the card layout and design was choosen based on impressions, sometimes even first impressions- so then at the very least the business cards represent what others think of the business card holder.
This business card is one I collected recently from a photographer at one of the football games I went to. She was sweet, young- probably in her 20's and very spunky- blonde hair with bright pink streaks. Lo and behold, her business cards- which she'd let the person on staff where she bought the cards design- are black on both the front and back, with pink text/designs and irredecent (not sure if you can see that on the photo) accents. Voila! I imagine the designer didn't have a tough time trying to figure out a color scheme. The card is very cute, with definite spunk. Not something I'd choose for myself but based on my own first impression, very fitting for the photographer.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have a thing for business cards too. You'll probably get a kick out of these: http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs. This page has been around for a while, so you might have seen it before. But there's some pretty good stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love business cards too! Well some of them lol. Business cards are a representation of you and what you or your business are all about. If you are NOT bold and funky, then your business cards SHOULD NOT be. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As every corporate and non-corporate organization know that business cards plays very important role in conveying unique idea about company and information to their customers, clients or visitors.design business cards online

    ReplyDelete