Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Favorite Words

I'm told (often) that I am pretty dramatic. It's not uncommon for my word choices to be overlooked and brushed off, even though in their best form, they are meant to invoke a rise out of those who hear them. I don't know how to explain it other than to say that I regularly use words that are 'the most' of what they mean. Maybe you'll understand when you read my list....

Urgent
Imperative
Absolute
Demand
Require
Fathom
Must
Devastate
Tragic
Livid

I also say 'dang' a lot which I've said all my life, (pre-having lived in Tennessee or North Carolina) but is apparently a southern thing.

And random other words that I love and use often are:

Love (so often that my friends clarify "Wait, you love him/that/those? or you 'amy-love' him/that/those?")

Flail
Pickle (the tough situation, not the food-- although I like the food itself, too.)
Boot (both the shoe and the verb of kicking out/getting rid of.)
Whistle (which is strange because actual whistling sounds make me instantly mad)

No comments:

Post a Comment