Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This Made Me Think Of Beth...

This has nothing to do with design, but my mom sent it to me and it made me think of class because I know how anti-fast food Beth is :)
Last week I think she/you mentioned using fast food as the topic of project 3, and I thought she/you might want to see this.

Apparently, a photographer left a McDonald's happy meal out on her kitchen table for six months (this bothers me in itself. Does she not have bugs or mice where she lives?) Anyway, it didn't decompose, or mold, just got hard and plastic-like. Gross. I don't eat fast food either(except for Chick Fil A and Taco Bell-- but don't ruin those for me, haha), but now I have another reason not to.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101012/bs_yblog_upshot/mcdonalds-happy-meal-resists-decomposition-for-six-months

3 comments:

  1. eeewww. Another foodie blog person did the same thing with McDonalds food and compared it to a homemade burger. Needless to say, the homemade burger had to be thrown away after three days, the McDonalds one was still going strong at 6 months, but the person threw it away anyway. I don't eat fast food if I can help it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god...totally disgusting. "Our burgers are prepared with 100% USDA fresh ground beef, salt, pepper, and nothing else" yeah right!!! Any moron knows there has to be at least a gajillion chemicals in there to be kept in tact for a year-and we are eating those chemicals? I bet there's more chemicals in there than there are in cigarettes...probably cancer causing ones at that...how to find out this information? Dunno...you might have just given my campaign a new angle though-Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete