Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ad Irony

Last week I drove by the Ethan Allen store in Annapolis and stopped at the traffic light right out front. I've never been inside an Ethan Allen, but I thought to myself, 'based on what I know about EA, if there is one still thriving after all these years, Annapolis surely hasn't been hit economically as much as other cities.' Then I got to thinking about their sign-- I think their logo is so simple and pretty, and in the 20 years I've lived in Annapolis their signage out front hasn't changed a bit. I thought 'that is a logo that has withstood time, and apparently, done it well.' I took a photo of it with my camera phone with the intention of blogging about the store's classy logo later.
Yesterday I drove by the store again and there was a giant, yellow, "Going Out Of Business Sale, Thank You For 20 Great Years" banner draped over their pretty sign. Haha. Ohhh irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment