Saturday, November 20, 2010

Show and Tell: Infographics: Good, the bad, the ugly...




















I found this little nugget by google-ing "bad infographic."

First of all, I feel like if you are going to use percentages and circles, let's put them in one. Isn't that why we have circular graphs? Yes, I think it is. Also, the colors are awful and arbitrary, and finally- let's talk about the side-by-side size comparison. Why make the 25.5% bigger? Why? This is just poor, poor planning.

This one below I think is a little gem, but I'm not sure if it's because of the subject, which creeps me out as equally as it does intrigue me, or if it's because I bleed orange. (Go Vols!) Whatever it is, I think the information is laid out as simply as it could be (there is a lot of information here), the graphics are clean, and I don't feel overwhelmed by numbers. Also, I'm happy to see that the numbers correlate with the sizing of the color blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment